4.09.2005

Overwhelmed




Answer me when I call to you,
O my righteous God.

Give me relief from my distress;
be merciful to me and hear my prayer.
Psalm 4:1

So, I’m feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment.

Thursday morning I went and toured Rochester College in Rochester Hills, MI. It was a nice experience. I got to talk with people just like me. I got to chat with professors. I got to walk the property and find out a little about the area. But, on the car ride home, I began to panic. How am I going to afford it? Where am I going to live in the meantime between attending class and (possibly) moving on campus? What am I going to do for work once I’m out there? What does Jesus ultimately want of me? Does returning to college help with that?

There’s also a lot bouncing around in my heart and mind regarding the church plant I’m a part of. I know I’m committed to it. I’m just trying to get my thoughts in order so that what I have to offer is a blessing and not a hindrance.

In the grand scheme of what’s going on around the world right now, my problems are rather insignificant. The tsunami in Asia continues to affect that region. The epic battle over the life of Terry Schiavo has come to a crushing end. The passing of Pope John Paul II, a man of deep faith and conviction has moved 1.2 billion Catholics to a place of profound mourning. But, I can only come from where I am. Does that make sense?

I guess I don’t have any spiritual insight this time around. If you have a personal relationship with Christ it would mean everything for you to pray for me right now. If you don’t know Christ yet, well, I’d love to try my hand at maybe answering some questions you might have about what its like and sharing my story with you. Who knows? You might get to know Him yourself.

Peace and intensity.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, April 09, 2005 7:54:00 AM, Blogger Tina Helmuth said...

I sent up a prayer for you. That's all I can offer. I'll keep praying.

 
At Saturday, April 09, 2005 10:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you in the Spirit so that I know the prayer will be targeted to the perfect will of God for you. I understand often how overwhelming the rivers of life can be BUT GOD.....

God is great making doors where there seem to be no doors. As I walk in your shoes of feeling overwhelmed right now, I cling to BUT GOD.....

Encourage yourself in the LORD. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God so continue to listen and He will be the light upon your path.

I am praying for you

 
At Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ride the wave bro. Prayin for ya.

DK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home