8.19.2005

And So It Begins...



People think I’m being a bit dramatic about leaving for school…as if we’ll never see each other again. “It’s only Rochester, Calvin,” they say. They’re right. It is only Rochester. It’s not all that far. Should we want to hang out, the idea is not entirely unfeasible.

I guess, I’m just know you can never go home. You’ll always have a place, of course. But, you can never go home again. Mainly because, you’re not the same person anymore. Chances are, neither are they.

My focus remains today. I’ll never get to tomorrow if things are not this way. However, one can’t help but wonder what life might be like 5 years from now? After a person has run the intellectual gamut what does the future hold for them?

So, I’ve got this nice apartment that provides me the isolation I need if I require it. My stuff is mostly unpacked. Took a bit to figure out how I wanted everything to be situated in the room. And if I want community, just across the quad awaits a lounge that is always filled with people. There’s a lot of teenagers laughing and carrying on. But, people are people and I enjoy the noise.

I know who I am today. Painfully aware. I wonder who I’ll be when this is all done.

8 Comments:

At Friday, August 19, 2005 11:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 11:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 11:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll comment for real, just to ease the eyes of reading all the junk above. It's exciting to enter into a new "chapter" of your life. Yes, you will be different when you get out, but you'll be different by tomorrow too. Don't get too serious. I think it's good you're staying away from the sex topic for a while. You might even consider waiting until you're married again and can talk about it from a husband's perspective, not just a man's.

 
At Saturday, August 20, 2005 6:06:00 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Dude, what's with all those psycho advertisement comments? weird.

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005 12:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog spam, thats a first!

When is your first class?

DK

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:27:00 AM, Blogger T-Burns said...

Kari Herron!!! What are you doing on this blog?

E'Jon, remember how excited you are right now, when you're at the end of the semester with the weight of all you pappers and finals bearing down on you. :)

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2005 4:04:00 PM, Blogger Kirsten Alana said...

Hope you enjoy the year here. As an employee, it's so good to see all the students back on campus!

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2005 6:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's good you're staying away from the sex topic for a while. You might even consider waiting until you're married again and can talk about it from a husband's perspective, not just a man's

wise words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home